The Feed The Future Now movement takes your privacy seriously and treats all financial information about any transaction you have made with it, as highly confidential. In addition, Feed The Future Now does not share e-mail addresses or phone numbers of any of its donors or constituents.
Our movement deeply values all contributions to sustain our goal. To protect the privacy of our donors and their special relationship with the movement, we maintain the following policies:
- We may request personal information online, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card number ONLY for the purposes of accepting donations to The Feed The Future Now movement
- We will not release or use this information for any other purpose unless we have your consent
- We do not trade or sell your personal information with other organisations
- We offer donors the option to be recognised anonymously
- Donors may request, at any time, to not receive our solicitations
- Donors may request to not receive certain mailings, such as our newsletter
- We do not track, collect or distribute personal information entered by those who visit our website
- Personal data collected through our website is encrypted using 256-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) technology
- Personal information stored in the Feed The Future Now database is protected with a secured login with authentication, assignment of a unique ID to each person with computer access, regular passcode changes, and user IDs are deactivated or terminated as needed
- Our hosting data server provides data protection meeting PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), encrypted communication via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, intrusion detection for all devices and network nodes, state-of-the-art firewall infrastructure that detects malicious application attacks, virus protection, network load balancing devices via Citrix, and patch management, security and vulnerability monitoring and tracking, and SQL server attack protection via applications to detect SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Attacks
To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organisations and causes they are asked to support, we assure the following:
- To be informed of the movement's mission, of the way the movement intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the movement's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its responsibilities
- To have access to the movement's most recent financial statements
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing the movement to the donor will be professional
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired solicitors
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that the movement may intend to share
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers
Donation refund policy
Feed The Future Now follows a reliable refund policy to let our donors feel privileged about their association with us. We take utmost care about processing donations as per the mandates signed by our donors in the donor forms, both offline and online. But in case of an unlikely event of an erroneous deduction or if the donor wants to cancel/deduct the donation, Feed The Future Now will respond within 7 working days from the date of receiving the complaint from donor. The timely refund of the wrongly deduced amount will depend on type of card used during the transaction. We would require a proof of deduction of the donation amount and a written communication for refund from the donor within two days after donation.
- In such cases, if the receipt already has been issued, then the donor needs to return the original receipt at our official address
- In the case of tax exemption certificate already issued, refund will not be possible
We can be contacted for refund request through the following:
Toll free: 1800-425-8622 (India) | firstname.lastname@example.org
What information we collect
We use personal information collected from donors for the purposes of processing payments and communicating with donors about the Feed The Future Now as well as conducting the fundraising and other operations of the movement. This information may include name, amount donated, address, telephone number, donor comments, email address and any other personal information provided to us (‘Donor Data‘). For donations by cheque, Donor Data also includes the data visible on the cheque.
Information from Payment Processors and Other Service Providers: Payment processors allow donors to give electronically using a payment services account, a credit card, or other payment method. These processors collect certain information from donors, and you should consult their privacy policies to determine their practices.
To provide donors the best possible experience, we work with service providers and may share Donor Data and other information with, or have it transmitted through, them. Such service providers include, for example, collocation facilities and bandwidth providers as well as organisations that help non-profit organisations with fundraising.
How we use that information
Donor Data may be used for these kinds of purposes:
- Distributing receipts and thanking donors for donations
- Informing donors about upcoming fundraising and other activities of the movement
- Internal analysis, such as research and analytics
- Record keeping
- Reporting to applicable government agencies as required by law
- Surveys, metrics, and other analytical purposes
- Other purposes related to the fundraising operations
Anonymous donor information may be used for promotional and fundraising activities. Comments that are provided by donors may be publicly published and may be used in promotional materials. We may use available information to supplement the Donor Data to improve the information we use to drive our fundraising efforts. We may allow donors the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation unless otherwise requested as part of the online donation process.
We use data gathered for payment processors and other service providers only for the purposes described in this policy.
Toll free: 1800-425-8622 (India) | email@example.com
We are committed to protecting donor personal information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Among other things, we undertake a range of security practices, including measures to help secure web access to sensitive data and undertake efforts to address security vulnerabilities for various tools and databases.
We may disclose information when required by law; when needed to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, donors, or users; and when necessary to enforce our terms of service.
We seek to retain donor-related information only as needed to fulfill the purposes described in this policy unless a longer retention period is required by law or regulations. For example, tax laws in the India may require the movement to keep contact information and contribution level of donors on file.
You have certain rights with respect to the information we collect about you. Upon request, we will tell you what information we hold about you and correct any incorrect information. We will also make reasonable efforts to delete your information if you ask us to do so, unless we are otherwise required to keep it.